Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Wardround 1viii6


A warm welcome to the new clutch. I am afraid that this weblog will be the source of much work for you. Check it each week to confirm your assignments for the two minute tutorials and the paper for ‘reading and thinking’.

Since you will be finding your feet for the first few days, there will be only very simple two minute tutorials, but I will allocate them personally.

The reading for this week is: Reassurance and the Warning on the Label. Jerome Lowenstein, from The Midnight Meal and other essays about Doctors, Patients, and Medicine (1997). Read it, think about it, and we can discuss it over coffee on Friday.

Interesting cases this week:

Sick sinus syndrome.
Obstructive uropathy.

MJM

1 comment:

Naveen K Mohan said...

Hi
I have posted my 2 minute tutorial on my blog.
Link to image http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7975/1532/1600/Sodium.2.jpg